Sunday, August 25, 2013

Grape Vines

I'm going to try my hand at growing the native Muscadine grape at my house.  This decision was made spur of the moment (most of my best decisions are) at Wal-Mart when I walked past a table in the garden section selling grape vines. I picked up two Nesbitt's and a Noble.  Since I did not plan this purchase it took me a few days to decide where to plant and trellis these vines, and finally settled on clearing an area along the side of the vegetable garden.  Below are some pictures of the vines and my fancy trellising system. I'll use any excuse to buy interesting bits of hardware, and this trellis was the perfect excuse, so I included a close up of my rigging (feel free to be impressed).  And since I am out of green tie tape, and apparently there is a nationwide shortage of the stuff as I am unable to find any, I had to resort to orange flagging tape. It's not pretty but it did the job.



No comments:

Post a Comment