Sunday, December 22, 2013

Small Harvest

Since I usually only harvest what I plan to eat, I don't take the time to photograph actual harvests. Today I pulled more than usual and had them drying out from washing, so my husband convinced me to post a picture of my veggies.



The description is clockwise: The radishes I usually don't eat, I grow and cut the greens for my chickens. However, today I pulled a handful to eat with a salad. The small pile of ugly peas are the only crop of English Peas this winter, they were NOT happy with how warm this winter has been. Under the English Peas are a few stalks of the sprouting Broccoli, 'Apollo'.  Then the last of the Sugar Snap Peas from the existing vines.  These will be pulled shortly and I will re-seed for a second crop, the peas are so sweet and delicious that I have no idea why I even tried with the English Peas. And finally, the first carrots of the winter garden, including a few of the famous purple carrots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment